SOMeCA Mission Statement
SOAR/Student Media/Cultural Arts and Diversity (SOMeCA) is dedicated to the success of UCSC’s campus-wide student organizations.
Student organizations are transformative learning environments, vital to the educational mission of the University. They offer students opportunities to engage as leaders and to make a difference. They create programs and productions that build community and campus-wide discourse.
SOMeCA’s professional and experienced staff offers leadership training, mentorship, organizational advising, instruction, and project management so students can:
- Develop educational and professional pathways
- Connect with successful and dedicated alumni
- Advance their voice and leadership in university decision-making process
- Build supportive communities
- Be empowered to foster diversity and civic engagement
- Create events and productions that reflect their diverse experiences
SOMECA services are designed in collaboration with students and colleagues to meet the changing needs of the UCSC student body.